Download articles for free using this link or Research Gate
Sustainable Tourism in Islands
- Dodds, R. (2015) Islands of Knowledge. Source: Sustainable Development April 2015, pp. 73-75
- Dodds, R., Graci, S.R., Ko, S., Walker, L. (2013) What Drives Environmental Sustainability in the New Zealand Wine Industry?: An Examination of Driving Factors and Practices. International Journal of Wine Business Research Vol 25(3). pp 164-184
- Dodds, 2. (2013) Will tourists pay for a healthy environment? Assessing visitors’ perceptions and willingness to pay for conservation and preservation in the island of Koh Phi Phi, Thailand International Journal of Tourism Anthropology Vol 3(1). pp 263-271
- Dodds, R. (2012) Ecotourism education and marine conservation: The case of Coral Park Chumbe Island, Zanzibar. Teoros Special Edition Vol. 1
- Dodds, R. (2012) Sustainable tourism: A hope or necessity? The case of Tofino, British Columbia, Canada Journal of Sustainable Development Vole 5(5): pp. 54-64
- Dodds, R (2011) Koh Phi Phi: Moving Towards or Away from Sustainability. Asia Pacific Journal of Tourism Management. Vol 15 (3). pp 251-265
- Graci, S. & Dodds, R. (2010) Sustainable Tourism in Islands, Earthscan Press, ISBN 9781844077809
- Dodds, R & McElroy, J (2008) St Kitts at a Crossroads. ARA Journal of Travel Research. Vol 1 (2) pp 1-10
- McElroy, J & Dodds, R. (2007) What Does Sustainable Tourism Mean for Islands ID21 Insights Issue 70. p. 3
- Dodds, R (2007) Malta’s Tourism Policy – Standing Still or Advancing Towards Sustainability? Island Studies Journal Vol 2 (1) pp: 47-66
- Dodds, R (2005) Achieving Sustainable Tourism in Malta? HCIMA Hospitality and Leisure Journal, Issue 44, Autumn
Sustainable Tourism Policy
- Dodds, R. (2016) Using a political ecology approach for large scale regional tourism management International Journal of Tourism Policy, 6(3/4) 191-211 DOI: 10.1504/IJTP.2016.081523
- Brendehaug, B., Aall, C., & Dodds, R. (2016) Environmental Policy Integration as a strategy for sustainable tourism planning: issues in implementation, Journal of Sustainable Tourism, p 1-18 DOI: 10.1080/09669582.2016.1259319.
- Sheppard, V. A., Dodds, R., & Williams, P.W. (2015) Good governance: Managing growthand long-term resort destination sustainability and resilience. In D. Weaver, M. Hughes, & C. Pforr (Eds.), Sustainable Tourism. UK: Taylor and Francis Books.
- Aall, C., Dodds, R., Sælensminde, I., and Brendehaug, B. (2015) Introducing the concept of Environmental Policy Integration into the discourse on Sustainable Tourism: A way to improve policymaking? Journal of Sustainable Tourism DOI: 10.1080/09669582.2015.1032300
- Dodds, R. & Ko, S. (2012) Assessing stakeholders’ views of tourism policy in Prince Edward County Environmental Management and Sustainable Development Vole 1(1): pp. 52-70
- Dodds, R. & Butler, R.W. (2010) Barriers to Implementing Sustainable Tourism in Mass Tourism Destinations Tourismos Journal
- Dodds, R. & Butler, R.W. (2009) Inaction More Than Action: Barriers to the Implementation of Sustainable Tourism Policies. In S. Gossling, M. Hall & D.W. Weaver (eds). Sustainable Tourism Futures, London, Routledge. pp. 43-57
- Dodds, R. (2008) Power and Politics. Verlag, Germany
- Dodds, R. (2007) Sustainable Tourism & Policy Implementation: Lessons From The Case Of Calviá, Spain Current Issues in Tourism Vol 10 (1) pp 46-66
- Dodds, R. (2005) New Tourism Realities for Sustainable Tourism Policy? Implications and Recommendations for Stakeholders. TTRA Canada Conference, Kelowna, November 2-5, 2005
- Dodds, R. (2003) Is Sustainable Tourism Policy a Viable Option for Rejuvenating Traditional Destinations in Developing New Markets for Traditional Destinations. TTRA Canada Conference, St.John, NB, October 2-5, 2003
Sustainable Tourism: Green hotels, green festivals, community based tourism, tourism and conservation
- Walsh, P. & Dodds, R. (2017) Measuring the Choice of Environmental Sustainability Strategies in Creating a Competitive Advantage Business Strategy and the Environment DOI:10.1002/bse.1949
- Dodds, R., Smith, W. & Pitts, R. (2016) Willingness to pay for environmentally linked clothing at an event: visibility, environmental certification and level of environmental concern Tourism Recreation Research. DOI: 10.1080/02508281.2016.1196029
- Dodds, R., Ali, A., & Galaski, K. (2016) Key elements of success and barriers in community based tourism, Current Issues in Tourism DOI: 10.1080/13683500.2016.1150257
- Dodds, R. (2016) Come on over, the door is open. Motivations and sustainability practices of visitors to the Lake Simcoe Watershed, Lake Simcoe Living
- Dodds, R (2015) Green Marketing in Hotels Shows Increased Guest Satisfaction. Tourism Intelligence Network
- Dodds, R (2015) Willingness to pay versus actual behaviour for Sustainable Tourism. Tourism Intelligence Network.
- Dodds, R & Ellefsen, J. (2014) Green hotels confuse customers.Tourism Intelligence Network.
- Dodds, R., Holmes, M., Arunsopha • V., Chin, N., Le, T., Maung, S., Shum, M. (2014) Consumer Choice and Farmers Markets, Journal of Agricultural and Environment Ethics. Vol 27 (3), pp. 397-416
- Dodds, R. & Graci, S. (2012) Greening of the Pride Toronto Festival: Lessons Learned Tourism, Culture and Communication Vol 12(1) pp. 29-38
- Dodds, R. (2012) Innovations in Sustainable Tourism. Teoros. Vol 1.
- Dodds, R. (2012) Questioning slow as sustainable. Tourism Recreation Research Vol 37(1): pp. 81-83
- Galaski, K.; Edwards, R.G.; Dodds, R. (2012) Global partnerships for development: connecting communities to the tourism supply chain. In (K. Bricker, R. Black, S. Cottrell) Ecotourism and sustainable tourism: transitions into the new millennium. Jones & Bartlett Learning, Sudbury, M.A. (in press)
- Dodds, R., Graci, S. & Holmes, M. (2010) Does the Tourist Care? Journal of Sustainable Tourism Vol 19 (2) pp 207-222
- Dodds, R. & Thiesen, N (2010) Are fairly treated porters only an ideal for tourism in Tanzania? The role of Tanzania’s tour operators in sustaining Mount Kilimanjaro Journal of Hospitality and Tourism
- Kelman, I & Dodds, R. (2009) Developing a Code of Ethics for Disaster Tourism International Journal of Mass Emergencies and Disasters Vol 27 (3) pp 272-296
- Dodds, R. & Joppe, M. (2008) Évaluation de la demande en matière de tourisme durable. Tourism Intelligence Network.
- Dodds, R. (2008) Sustainable Tourism – Rejuvenation or Critical Strategic Initiative? Anatolia: An International Journal of Tourism and Hospitality Research Vol. 18 (2), pp. 277-298
- Dodds, R. (2006) Sustainable Tourism in Destinations: Sustainability or Just a Rejuvenation Effort? in Raj (ed) Sustainability, Profitability and Successful Tourism, Kanishka Publishers, India pp.1-33
- Dodds, R. (2012) How green are urban resorts and hotels? Future Arc Main Feature Story, Singapore
- Dodds, R. & Kuehnel, J. (2012) Corporate social responsibility in the tourism industry: Examining the difference between mainstream tour operators in the UK and Canada Available at http://www.azocleantech.com/article.aspx?ArticleID=225
- Dodds, R. & Holmes, M. (2011) Sustainability in Canadian B & B’s: Comparing the East vs. the West. International Journal of Tourism Research Vol 2 (5). pp 482-495
- Dodds, R. & Kuehnel. (2009) CSR among Canadian Mass Tourism Operators: Good Awareness but Little Action International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management Vol 22 (2). pp 221-244
- Graci, S. & Dodds, R. (2009) Why Go Green? The Business Case for Environmental Commitment in the Canadian Hotel Industry. Anatolia: An International Journal of Tourism and Hospitality Research Vol 19 (2) pp. 250-270.
- Dodds, R & Joppe, M. (2009) The Demand for and Participation in Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainable Tourism – Implications for the Caribbean. ARA Journal of Travel Research. Vol 2 (1) pp. 1-24
- Dodds, R & Joppe, M (2006) CSR in the Tourism Industry: Status and Potential. TTRA Canada Conference, Montebello, Quebec, October 13-15, 2006
- Dodds, R & Joppe, M (2005) CSR in the Tourism Industry: The Status of and Potential for Certification, Codes of Conduct and Guidelines. IFC/ World Bank, Washington
- Klein, L. & Dodds, R. (2017) Perceived effectiveness of Blue Flag certification as an environmental management tool along Ontario’s Great Lakes beaches, Ocean and Coastal Management. 141(1): 107-117 DOI: 10.1016/j.ocecoaman.2017.03.001
- Dodds, R. (2016) Clean and Green: What’s the environmental status of marinas, Lake Simcoe Living, Feb 2016
- Graci, S. & Dodds, R. (2015) Certification and Labeling. In (Stefan Gössling, C. Michael Hall, Daniel Scott (eds) The Routledge Handbook of Tourism and Sustainability, London, Taylor and Francis. pp. 200-208
- Berghoef, N & Dodds, R. (2013) Determinants of Interest in Eco-labeling in the Ontario Wine Industry, Journal of Cleaner Production Vol 52. pp. 263-271
- Berghoef, N. & Dodds, R. (2011) Potential for Sustainability Eco-labeling in Ontario’s Wine Industry. International Journal of Business Wine Research. Vol 23 (4). pp 298-317
- Dodds, R & Joppe, M (2009) Have Certification Programs Allowed SME’s In LDC’s Access to Market? Tourism And Territories. Vol 1. pp. 260-284
- Dodds, R.; Kelman, I; Thiesen, N.; Bessada, T.; Garcia, J. & McDougall, A. (2012) Industry perspectives on carbon offsetting programs in Canada and the USA. Sustainability, Science, Practice and Policy Vol 8(2) pp. 31-41
- Achong, K. & Dodds, R. (2012) Anthropogenic Climate Change Coverage in Two Canadian Newspapers, The Toronto Star and The Globe and Mail from 1998-2007. Environmental Science and Policy Vol 15 pp. 48-59
- Dodds, R. (2011) Destination Marketing Organizations and Climate Change: the Need for Leadership and Education. Sustainability. Vol 2, p. 3449-3464
- Dodds, R & Graci, S (2009) Canada’s Tourism Industry- Mitigating the Effects of Climate Change: A Lot of Concern but Little Action Journal of Tourism and Hospitality Planning and Development Vol 6 (1) pp. 39-53
- Dodds, R & Kelman, I (2008) Climate Change and sustainable tourism policies: Case Studies of Mallorca and Malta, Tourism Review International Vol 12(1) pp. 57-70
- Dodds, R., Smith, W., & Leung, M. (2008) Assessing Awareness of Carbon Offsetting By Travellers and Travel Agents.Anatolia: An International Journal of Tourism and Hospitality Research Vol. 19 (1) pp. 135-148
- Dodds, R, & Leung, M (2007) “Climate Change And Carbon Offsetting In The Travel And Tourism Industry” 5th Bi-Annual Symposium of Consumer Psychology of Tourism, Hospitality and Leisure, June, 2007, Charleston, SC.
Urban Green Tourism
- Dodds, R. (2014) Urban Responsible Tourism. Sustainable Tourism Report for Blue and Green Tomorrow.
- Dodds, R & Joppe, M (2003) The Application of Ecotourism to Urban Environments Tourism: An Interdisciplinary Journal 51(2) pp157-164
- Gibson, A, Dodds, R, Joppe, M, Jameison, B (2003) Ecotourism in the City: Toronto’s Green Tourism Association International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management 15 (6)
- Dodds, R, Gibson, A, Joppe, M (2001) Urban Green Tourism – Ecotourism in the City: A Case Study of Toronto inSustainable Development & Management of Ecotourism in the Americas. WTO/UN Preparatory Conference for the International Year of Ecotourism, Cuiaba, Brazil, August 22-24, 2001
- Dodds, R & Joppe, M. (2001) Promoting Urban Green Tourism: The Development of The OTHER Map of Toronto. Journal of Vacation Marketing. Vol. 7, Issue 3. p 261-267
- The OTHER Guide to Toronto: Opening the Door to Green Tourism, (2000) Green Tourism Association
- Joppe, M. & Dodds, R. (2000). Urban Green Tourism: Applying Ecotourism Principles to the City. in Exploring New Territories in the New Millennium: Making Research Count . TTRA-Canada Conference, Whitehorse, Yukon, September 17-19, 2000