Selected consulting projects have included:
- Mendenhall Glacier, Alaska Sustainable Tourism Visioning (US Forestry Service)
- Consumer research for Blue Flag certified beaches (Environmental Defence)
- Sogn og Fjordane County, Norway sustainable tourism policy integration
- Facilitation for the Ontario Tourism Industry Act (TIA)
- Sustainability and waste audits for festivals: Irie, Pride & Mariposa Folk festival
- Sustainability strategies/best practices/assessments for TIFF, Irie Festival, Kuoni
- Strategic / Marketing plans for the Ontario Cycle Tourism Partnership, Evergreen Brickworks, Ontario Region 7 (RTO 7)
- Course development about sustainable tourism issues for universities and colleges nation-wide
- Marketing training for small tourism companies on accessing markets and ensuring sustainability in product development
- Development of a community benchmarking guide for sustainable tourism development & community based tourism policies for countries
- Tourism research and reports for funding agencies such as the World Bank, etc.
- Examining potential and feasibility of development soft adventure in the Caribbean (Caribbean Tourism Organization)
- Assessing global CSR in the tourism industry for the World Bank
- Developing and writing an environmental benchmarking guide for hotels (WWF, etc.)
Rachel’s work includes or has included:
- Professor, Ted Rogers School of Hospitality and Tourism Management, Ryerson University (current)
- Director, Institute for Hospitality and Tourism Research
- Environmental Advisor, The International Tourism Partnership (a programme of the Prince of Wales International Business Leaders Forum (IBLF).
- communications and PR for tour operators and hotels/lodges
- working with a landscape architect firm, a leisure centre, tour operators, hotels and tourist attractions
- and work for charities such as Friends of Conservation, OMEC and other ecotourism or start-up tourism ventures.
Rachel has helped develop sustainable tourism policies, marketed companies
internationally, developed and executed PR strategies and developed partnerships.
To read more about consulting services, click here
“Rachel was nothing short of
EXCELLENT at getting great
press and exposure for our product.”
Gary Murtagh, President,